Tuesday 14 September 2010

Mural Project - Overtime

Hello everyone!

Sorry, I didn't keep my promise to clean up the last post... I'll do it later....

Anyways, today has been really busy.
Going from here to there.. Helping here and there, I feel I'm getting some really good experience (^-^)

Dick Nakamura, my friend from the Nikkei Society, along with a Morioka artist designed and made a Salmon carving. Which was placed on the river near Sanaka Cho on Victoria road.

I was asked last minute to translate for one of the people speaking about the carving.... I really tense up in front of a crowed... Need more practice..









I got a picture of Dick and Roy with big smiles .


After that, Dick, Henry, Roy and Harj along with all the other members went for Wanka Soba.



















I was able to get 100 bowls in before I felt like I was going to blow up... But I couldn't lose to Henry .. He ate an amazing 93 bowls!!!!!

After that, the Step 21 members along with members of both Morioka and Victoria city got together with some of the public and said a few words.


Standing in front of the Mural taking pictures..
Mr. Murayama







Members of the Creative Peace Mural Society







Satoko, Noreen and Lily





Dancers from Victoria






What a busy day.... (>_<)

Time to sleep.....
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

- Tom ♪(´ε` )
Posted using BlogPress

Location:宇登坂長根,Morioka,Japan

1 comment:

  1. Wow Tom good job with the blog. They Morioka delegation has been very generous to our group.

    ReplyDelete