Monday 10 February 2014

Snow Day.

Hi there everyone,

The last few days here have been intersting. The Tokyo area got a big pile of snow over then weekend... Nothing that really compares to Canada but a enough to cause all panic on all the TV and radio station on the Friday, sending all the old ladies running to stock pile up on food and toilet paper.

Every train line on Saturday was either delayed or stopped because of the snow including the Tsukuba Line which is known to never stop...

It snowed 4 ~ 5 cm in the morning ... Then it snowed some 30 on top...

I just laughed watching the local tv news program warning people to not leave their houses.... and I realized that the public transport system here can really fail here under bad weather...

Anyways... Saturday .. At home I ran out of bread and eggs... So I jumped in the car and went shopping for groceries. ^__^?¿

There were only a handful of people in the store and ALL THE BENTÖ'S WERE 50% OFF!!!




OH HAPPY DAY!!

Anyways,it started to get colder and the sorta of melting snow started to turn to ice...
Which really surprised me because it has never gotta that cold around here before... On the way back a bunch of cars were backed up at a crossing where some 品川 plate car was trying to ... I have no idea what he was trying to do but he was stuck...

I jumped out the car and went over and gave him a push.. Out of the way..

Hmmm.. Got home... And then it started to come out more with snow...



Sunday morning was a different story...

I looked outside and just saw white.....

Wow .. It actually snowed here! Or at least what I would call snowed...

I had to get a shovel and dig!!! But just enough to clear the tires of the car ...

After that it just the Canadian thing and drove though it hahaha



Funny having all these old ladies watching be make my own path out on the road.

Anyways.. Snow Day was awesome... I really miss Canada now... I want more snow!




Anyways,
Out for now

I'm enjoying some hot coffee outside in the snow while it's still around





Tom



- Posted using BlogPress

Location:Higashimichinobe 3-Chōme,Kamagaya,Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment