Friday 17 February 2012

I got the Job and Slow day

Hi there everyone!

First big news is that I got the job!  Well.. Actually I got 4 jobs.  Despite my lack of experience in Teaching or experience in English for that matter, I have been getting offer after offer.

I have one offer from an Elementary school, two from two Middle schools and one from a High school.

Decisions Decisions!   I am currently leaning towards a Middle school with in Chiba Prefecture but a little out of the city.. about 1 hour away from Chiba and 1 hour away from the Tokyo area... 



On that note, have already started to find a new place to live... Although I have next to zero cash and I am still waiting for some very over due funds from Student Loans, I should be able to complete the move.... Some how...

I have a feeling that it is going to be much like the last move.   Dollar store everything. 

I have moved apartments in Japan a few times now and I've gotten use to the pattern but I though I would try something a little different this time...  Just out of curiosity I called up an apartment service specializing in serving foreigners.  I called them up and a nice Japan man answered the phone in English.  I gave him my contact information, where I was planning to move and my price range. Then 30 min later I got a call back from a English speaking Korean man.  ( Mr.Kim )

I met Mr.Kim at the station and he toured me around to a number of nice places.... Most of them a little pricy but he did show me one that only cost ¥26,000 per month!  (About $315CDN) !!   Although it was a little out of the way and would take me a considerable amount of time to get to work.

Waiting to meet Mr.Kim
Looking at Apartments


Now that most of my job hunting has come to an end and school is basically done (Besides a volunteer project ),  Life has slow down to a craw...  And I have taken a few good walks around the city... I have live in Chiba for almost a year but I really haven't tour around....  I'm going to miss living here....
Today is sunny!

Currently sitting in the coffee shop where I competed most of my thesis, I know most of the workers here and they know me.... Besides I just order a coffee or two and sit for hours with my computer open....  And because I have really hairy arms..


I actually have free time to write my blog!!!

Anyways ...  My stress level has dropped to almost zero and I'm trying to eat healthier now that I have the time to actually make a salad.

Tom

1 comment:

  1. It nice that you have some down time before starting up again. Congratulations in finishing your degree. And congratulations in all those job offers. I personally would love to have you home again but if you have time for a visit, we would love to see you. We have airmiles we can use. Let us know if you're interested.
    Love always, Mom

    ReplyDelete