Wednesday 23 February 2011

I want to go to Canada! - said the little kid.

Today was a blast!!

Josai international University sometimes does public events and has the student body and faculty members volunteer out in the community.
I was asked with 5 other international students to prepare about 1 hours of material for a class of elementary kids.











< Insert Pretty Picture of Me, Jack and James , sorry guys... I did take pictures of you!!>



Anyways...The topic... About Canada, where I live and if I can... teach some English.

Woo hahahah I said.... ( In my head .... Or maybe it was out loud... I can't remember ...)

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*


I had some materials laying around from when I was teaching in Victoria and some past ideas from when I was working at Straight Talk in Morioka
< Hi Dave !! >

I had three goals.

- Have them say at least one full sentences in English.
- Interest them in Canada.
- Have a blast!!!

And that's exactly what we did!!

I have them all shouting and chatting.


I want to go to Canada!
I want to go to .

I tried to get to the food portion of the lesson but ... sadly ran out of time..

I separate then in to 3 groups and had each group choose a different Province.
All man, I was tired!! It's been a while since I've had the chance to teach so many kids!!

ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ


Anyways, In return, some of the kids performed a traditional Funabashi Dance!!







What a blast!!


- Posted using BlogPress

Tom

Location:Funabashi Elementary

No comments:

Post a Comment