Saturday 11 September 2010

Mural Project - Welcoming at the station

After a bit of work on the mural today Satoko and I stepped out to welcome the guests from Victoria along with a large welcoming party.

The parties came separated in two groups, one riding Japan Air Lines and the other riding on Air Canada.  Most of the Friendship members were on JAL and the city members on Air Canada, they came about 2 hours apart....
After welcoming everyone, we took the luggage to the hotel and a few of us were able to sit and chat over ice cream.  ^___^

The last reminding members sticked out the last two hours till the mayors party (Victoria's Mayor) arrived..  They all looked pretty tried but they were all seemed happy have a welcoming. 

It was lots of fun to be welcoming both parties...but I'm a little pooped....I think that's the first time I've have gone to two welcomings on the same day.






Funny enough, as I was waiting for them, Roy surprised me from be hide, camera in hand.
After trying to get all the members to gather around, we took a few pictures and headed off to the hotel.
Here are a few shots from today.


















No comments:

Post a Comment